Saturday, August 18, 2012

Vintage Casala Chairs....Before & ALMOST after....

Morning Vintage Friends....!

I was out sourcing yesterday with a Friend & we came across a MESS of Vintage fiberglass Casala Chairs....We've decided to clean them at my place & divy them up later....

There's 13 x of them all up which represents a LOT of work so I decided to get a head start this morning around 6am & set to cleaning the years of grime & mold from the seats....

Years of neglect & the elements....

....Have definitely left their marks....

Not a job for the faint hearted or the weak muscled....

As there's a hell of a lot of elbow grease involved....

This is how the seats look after the first round of cleaning....

Looking at them you'd think I'd simply sprayed them with the hose....But you'd be wrong as this is what they look like after a 20minutes of intense physical labour....PER SEAT....

And this is what they look like after the second round....After I've used a SECRET cleaning technique....

Mind you....I've ONLY cleaned the seats....I still have 26 x legs & 13 x bases to clean which I estimate will take around 5 hours to complete....!!

Rachel Ashwell often refers to the 'Village' it takes to run her business.....I'd almost give a KIDNEY for a Villager to help with mine....Hey....I think I'd almost settle for the Village Idiot....hahahahaSNORT....

Hope you're all having a BRILLIANT weekend....!

Cheers,
Tamarah :o)

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hey Lovey....!!

      I hope you're having a BRILLIANT week....I keep missing you when I pop out to TVS.... ;o( !!

      ENJOY the weekend when it rolls around....!!!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I SO WISH you were closer Chania....I'm not sure how productive we'd be though....**smile**....!!

      Delete
  3. I'd love to help! You could even call me the village idiot, I wouldn't mind (too much). Just a pity that there's great big fat desert between your village and mine.
    Wish you'd spill the beans on your secret cleaning technique Tamarah, I can't believe how great they look. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW....STUPID desert....I would NEVER call you TVI though Lovey....**wink**....!!!!!

      Delete
  4. It's all about the elbow grease! I'm still using my kidneys so none to spare at the moment but I think it would be loads of fun to scrub chairs with you in Australia. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After all we've been through Amy....I thought you'd SURELY SHARE....**sigh**....Mind....I wouldn't say no to having you help with chair scrubbing duties....!!!!!

      Delete
  5. Those chairs are awesome. Who knew they would become popular again!
    Great job of cleaning!!
    Ha
    Hugs
    SUeAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW SueAnn....It's like GROUNDHOG day in slowmo....hahahaha....!!!!!

      Delete
  6. Great work, you have done an amazing clean up, I would love to have those chairs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS Pippa....It makes all the hard work worth it seeing them know in all their GLORY.... :o) !!

      Delete
  7. They look great Tamarah! I'd help you if I could toots x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GORGEOUS Girl it would be WONDERFUL to have you over to lend a hand....Mind you, as with my Friend Chania I doubt we'd actually be productive.... :o) !!!

      Delete
  8. Haha, you crack me up! I often thought the same when I was out junking, and had to lift ridiculously heavy things into the car...I didnt see any village in sight!
    You are doing a great job, and all for the love of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BUGGER those heavy pieces....I think I need to find me some cans of spinach & channel my inner Popeye....hahahahaSNORT....!!

      Delete