Monday, July 16, 2012

The EARLY BIRD catches the Vintage Treasures....!!!!!

Morning Seekers & Keepers Of The Past....!!

I hope this post finds you well & your week off to a flying start....!!

I've been up since 4.30am getting ready for the Odd Echo Vintage Show taking place at the Collingwood Masonic Hall this Friday & Saturday & have JUST this moment gotten off the phone with Kat Tidcombe who is organising the event....Indeed the hour might be early but there is NO REST for the Organiser of such an event & as the time drawers nearer, there will certainly be very little rest for those of us participating in the Show....I do digress though....

I was talking to Kat just now about our arrival time for set up & she mentioned there were several Early Bird Tickets left....Now people I'm SURE I don't have to remind you....

The Early Bird catches The VINTAGE TREASURE....!!!!!

And even though all of the Vendors participating will be restocking when the doors close on Friday evening....There's no denying early entry into this event will snag you CREAM OF THE VINTAGE CROP....S.I.M.P.L.E....!!!!!

So if you've been thinking of going but haven't contacted Kat already you need to do so TODAY at: kjtiddy@yahoo.com to organise & prepay for your ticket....Better still....I'll be at Glen Waverley today at the Shop packing for the Show so you are welcome to stop by or call me on 0428 505 645 & organise your ticket through me....!!!!!

Now before I fly off I would like to add....

Vintage Shows in Australia currently consist of the staid & dare I say B.O.R.I.N.G Antique & Collectibles Fairs....In the US where Vintage Lovers are SPOILED for choice when it comes to Vintage Furniture & Homewares Shows, the scale & magnitude of those SPECTACULAR events is simply MIND BLOWING....!!

Alas....Here in Oz, I know of no events aside from the Shabby Vintage Junk Extravaganza & now Kat's Odd Echo Show that even compare....Let me tell you just quietly though from my own experience as an Organiser....A Show of this nature is not easy to put together & they NEED YOUR SUPPORT to continue & thrive....Those of us participating are using social media to get the word out & I would ask as a FAVE....Doesn't matter where you are, if you can give us a hand to spread the word we'd all really appreciate it....If you can blog or Facebook about the event with a link back to my post here, that would be GREAT....Feel free to grab the button I have on my own sidebar & stick it on your yours....!!

Now I don't know if I'll get another post in before the Show, so if I don't a BIG THANKS in advance for your help in letting everyone know about the Show....I look forward to seeing you all there....It's gonna be AWESOME....!!!!!

Cheers for now from Camp SVJ,
Tamarah  :o)


No comments:

Post a Comment