Tuesday, May 22, 2012

US Shipment FINALLY arrives....!!

Hello Vintage Friends near & FAR....!

It's been a while I know but I've been with you in junking spirit if not in the 'virtual' sense....!!  I hope this quick update finds you all well & HAPPY....!!!!!

Yesterday was a VERY busy day....This in & of itself is nothing new in my little SVJ world however, the combination of 'activities' undertaken was a little....Different....!!

Firstly, I headed into the city to pick up a van load of Treasures which I'll be selling in my Vintage Shed & Glen Waverley Bazaar spaces shortly....

One of many small furniture pieces....Isn't the patina on this stool TO DIE FOR....!! 
After making it back home & unloading, I scooted around the corner where a 1950's weatherboard was being demolished to meet with the Wrecker to discuss salvaging particular materials....An agreement was reached & I'm pleased to say I now have an ongoing source of architectural supplies....Alas....I really wanted a go on the $300,000.00 Komatsu but the Wrecker & I are not quite 'there' yet....hahahahaha....**wink**....!!!!!
I then headed back into the city where I met with Mr SVJ at this massive warehouse to collect my shipment of US Treasures which arrived late last week....!!

Alas....I had a GREAT pic of the pallets to pique your curiosity however, I was unable to edit out my home address which was emblazoned across each & every one of my boxes for all the world to see....!!!

Watch this space though as I'll be back VERY SOON to give you a sneak preview of some of the Treasures before they head into my spaces....!!!!!


Cheers for now,
Tamarah :o)

11 comments:

  1. I think it's just amazing that you're shipping home junk by the pallet!! Congrats to you for finding a way to make all of this work. You. Are. Awesome. xo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go the demo man......going straight to the source and negotiating...well done...after all, it just goes to the dump.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi T
    I can't wait to see what you got from a far away land.

    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very exciting Tamarah and how wonderful that you could negotiate with the demo man. We have two companies in town that do the demo and then sell the goods (for a huge price). I think they do very well indeed xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Tamarah can't wait to see your treasure you always have such interesting things! Post pics soon...
    Leah x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the back hoe pic...I want one of those for sure. And look at all that salvage!! Wow!!
    Hugs
    SUeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  7. You must be so excited. I bet right now you are opening boxes and it feels like Christmas. Enjoy. can't wait to see......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Can't wait to see what you picked up over here in the USA. You have been very busy indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cannot wait to see what you found in the fields of dreams. Hearing you talk about it all only drove me crazy with envy for just a little while! Now get yourself some wagonwheels to eat while unpacking, dirty up your feet, and you'll think you're right back in Texas...where I wish you were!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good to see you blogging again, Tamarah! Always enjoy reading your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete